Since starting my horror-centric blog Terror Titans back in December 2009, I've been spotlighting one of the many Women of Horror in the Saturday Scream Queen Series. Sixty or actresses have been profiled so far, and there are many more to come.
In honor of Women of Horror Recognition Month, here's a list of my Top Ten Favorite Scream Queens (as of Febuary 2011). Click on the names for more info and pictures.
10. Elke Sommer. Mario Bava's greatest leading lady/damsel-in-distress.
9. Kate Jackson. Parts in made-for-TV horror movies and a recurring role on the "Dark Shadows" soap opera made Jackson the small screen's Scream Queen.
8. Erin Brown (aka Misty Mundae). Battled mummies, vampires, and lesbians in soft-core horror spoofs and zany fright-fests from Brett Piper.
7. Jacqueline Lovell. Her face (and breasts) were welcome sights in numerous Charles Band productions during the 1990s.
6. Barbara Crampton. The victim of madmen, monsters, and goopy Lovecraftian horrors from Empire Pictures and others.
5. Milla Jovovich. No Scream Queen kicks monster butt like Milla!
4. Jennifer Love Hewitt. Star of slasher-flicks and the long-running supernatural-themed drama "The Ghost Whisperer.
3. Barbara Steele. The most spectacular eyes to ever look out at an audience from the screen.
2. Fay Wray. The original Scream Queen and one of the greatest actresses to ever, as she put it, wear "a silly blonde wig."
And my #1 favorite Scream Queen:
1. Jamie Lee Curtis. The face and lanky figure of 1980s slasher flicks and the greateast Scream Queen of the all!