Wednesday, June 9, 2010

There's only one Wonder Woman for me!

According to WENN, Jennifer Love Hewitt is fighting hard to play the title character in the big-screen, been-in-preproduction-a-LONG-time version of "Wonder Woman".

"I think Warner Bros is getting ready to make Wonder Woman and I really want to play Wonder Woman," Hewitt is quoted as saying. "I am obsessed with Wonder Woman."


Other names that have come up in connection with the Wonder Woman role in recent years are Sandra Bullock (who, as much as I love her, is too old for the part), Eliza Dushku (just wrong), Megan Fox (too young), and Beyonce Knowles (too talentless, and only brought up because of the dumb notion that Everything Is Better With Black; save her for the big-screen version of "Isis").

Out of the actresses who have come up, only Hewitt is fit to fill Wonder Woman's red boots. Here's hoping someone at Warner Bros is going to wise up and hire her forthe part, no matter who ends up on the director's chair.

5 comments:

Mike Lippert said...

Beyonce is talentless and JLH isn't? That's an odd statement since I think they've both been in the same amount of horrible movies and Dreamgirls instantly makes Beyonce more talented than Hewitt. Sure Obsessed was bad, but The Tuxedo...you see what I'm saying. Personally if Wonder Woman needs to be anyone I think it needs to be Anne Hathaway, but that's just personal preference.

Steve Miller, Writer of Stuff said...

I actually liked "The Tuxedo."

As for Hathaway, she's going to be too busy with "Get Smart 2" and "Tokyo Suckerpunch." :)

(Okay, maybe if she had been mentioned, I would have had to come up with a better reason to disqualify her.)

Tom said...

Gazungas.

Matthew Coniam said...

How did I miss out on this debate?
Go Jen!
As you say, only she can fill the boots.
And not just the boots either.

Steve Miller, Writer of Stuff said...

You, sir, are clearly a man of refined tastes.